Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The wait

Wrote a poem after a long time! Blame it the lack of inspiration or my busy time or my negligence! I wrote this a day back and hope have done some justice... I felt, this one is not like my previous ones but wanted your view on it... Thanks :)


Her eyes
towards the road.
Every little sound
turns her head towards the door.

She knows
he is busy.
It's late night
Still she is not sleepy.

The heart of Mom
ever so strong.
Still, it fears
if something will go wrong.

He promised
a fifteen minute delay.
But her wait,
went on a relay.

In the dark outside
it rains so hard
Her face shrinks
as his son is with no guard.

I call her
again and again
"Mom, sleep
It'll ease your eye pain

I will be
awake for a while
I will take care,
after all I am his wife"

She says,
"No doubt on you dear
Just that
my heart abodes the fear"

Bell rang,
Opens she door hastily
Kissing his head
She says, "I am feeling sleepy".

Keeping myself in her shoes,
I smiled.
A bloom I felt,
Such lovely is the parenthood.

P.S : Please let me know how you liked it through your comments :) Thank you lovely friends for your encouragement :)

18 comments:

  1. super la :) yes la motherhood is unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ka :) Its like reading a story ! Will u bless us with family poems :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnks Sandy :)

    u asking me?? or wishing me? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. very lovely poem......:) thinking how u got brains for all this.....:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely is parenthood - no doubt on tht :) good one Priyanka

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sweety: Brain?? :P No.. brain is not needed for this :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent..speechless gal...superb one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely written!! Somehow the feelings just come and occupy the right places in the poem!

    I've not read ur other poems, but this one is really good 2 read...The love for one's son/daughter is something precious!!

    Keep it up Priyanka!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kally: Thanks very much man! This was posted long back, thought u wont comment... But u kept ur promise! :)

    Thanks Kally :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent Pri..
    Nice to see your blog again..

    And you need not even ask ppl how your poem was.. it speaks for its class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @China:
    Am flattered ;) Thnk u very much Mouli! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry 234 anime-manga 2019
    https://grahamrutland.blogspot.com/2019/10/hoshiai-no-sora.html
    https://grahamrutland.blogspot.com/2019/10/shokugeki-no-souma-shin-no-sara-4th.html
    https://grahamrutland.blogspot.com/2019/10/shin-chuuka-ichiban.html
    https://grahamrutland.blogspot.com/2019/10/boku-no-hero-academia-4th-season.html
    https://grahamrutland.blogspot.com/2019/10/sword-art-online-alicization-war-of.html
    https://grahamrutland.blogspot.com/2019/10/kabukichou-sherlock.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this useful and informative information with us.

    Cybonetic Technologies is a leading web hosting company in Patna offering Fast and Reliable Web Hosting. Buy a domain and hosting at cheap prices with 24x7 support.
    web hosting company in patna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there priyankaagl information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete

Thnx for your valuable feedbacks :)